Thursday, March 4, 2004

- i don't know why, but i have a tendency to get injured - usually in comical fashion.

- perhaps it's the fact that my mind doesn't compensate for the fact that my body is wider than desired. perhaps it's the fact that my arms are long and dangly, such as would be expected on a 14 year old boy. perhaps it's that my ears have never been good and that it somehow affects my balance. perhaps it's that i'm too short to see what's coming. or perhaps i'm just a klutz.

- i walk into things. often. doors, tables, people, cars, poles, music stands, walls. i've tested the strength of my body against all of these elements (and too many more) on several occasions.

- but it's not just walking into things. i get strange "ouchies" for strange reasons. once, a boy threw a shoe at me and it tore off several layers of skin in my hand (i have a scar). the other day at lunch, i went to smack my friend in the ass thigh, but i missed and hit some girl's hand instead, and she had these giant girly nails that pierced my skin. this other time, i was eating a popsicle and the stick gave me a sliver. and when i was younger, we were playing on the snow ice and i slipped and of course i landed squarely on the protruding jagged ice stick of sharpness and felt like i had cracked a rib and/or punctured a lung for about two weeks.

- sometimes, i just hurt.