Thursday, November 27, 2003

the earliest memory you have:
i don't know which was earlier - the glimpse i have of me sitting in my high chair with my family at the dinner table, or the glimpse of my on my back, having just fallen out of my crib and broken my collar bone (i didn't feel like napping, apparently)

the first time you went to school:
i can't remember at very first. but i remember in kindergarten, we played house. whoever got there earliest got to be the "mom" - distinguished by the yellow apron found in the play kitchen. tara lived across the street from the school, so she was always there first. but one day i had to go in at like 8:30 (maybe my mom had an appointment or something), and i got the apron. tara yelled at me and cried until her mom had to come get her, cause i wouldn't let her have the apron. yep, they were good times.

the first time you learned something new (special):
i was really proud of my self when i learned three things, and i can't remember which came first and last. all of these things i pouted about for a while, cause i said i would never be able to do them: tie my shoes, ride my bike, and jump rope. i am proud to say i can still do all of these things, but because i'm lazy i rarely do.

the first time you fell in love:
not quite sure i've been in love yet.

the first time you went on a date: "ahem".... [uncomfortable pause as i try to come up with something funny to lighten my agony at not being attractive to anyone.] truth be told, i technically was on a date in grade 7... but... uhh... let's not go there.

the first time you were scolded:
i can't remember. i do remember my dad yelling at my once for saying damn. i'm still kind of grudgy about that, cause i had no idea it was a bad word (i was like 6) and it was in a proclaimer's song - in a tape he had given me.

the first time you kept a secret from your parents:
well i never told them all the nights i didn't brush my teeth! haha... i think it was probably sometime when tiana and i did something stupid and i didn't want to tell them.

your first part-time job:
my only part time job: "administrative assistant" (i.e. slave, haha) @ sylvan learning centre

how did you spend your first earnings?:
my very first paycheck, i treated my parents to dinner and bought myself a pair of damn cool shoes. oh man, they're cool.

the first time you bought clothes/accessories for yourself:
the first time i really actually bought something for myself with money that i had earned, it was the shoes (oh... so cool). before that, i'm sure i had gotten allowance and had bought earrings, or something, but i can't really remember.

the first time you put on makeup:
besides for halloween, it was probably when i started to get zits, in like grade 6, when i started using cover-up. i wore a brownish eye shadow frequently, also, for a couple years, cause it made me feel mature, or something. i was stupid.

the first time you changed the color of your hair:
that would be when i was 10, and i had the lightest colour of hair on my soccer team so they used blue bingo dabber - a LOT of blue bingo dabber - all over my hair. took days to come out. i've never done anything more permanent than that.

what kind of place did you first live in by yourself:
my sanctuary, my hiding, my cell. (my room)

the first time you cooked:
the first time i made a full-fledged meal by myself - nothing packaged, and no sandwiches, would have been just last year - i cooked chicken, sauce, mushrooms, rice... oh man. i called it chicken à la heather, and it was the best damn thing i've ever tasted.

the first time you felt kindness:
i can't remember. i honestly can't think of anything right now, sorry.

the first time you felt like committing suicide:
probably in grade 8. that was a really bad year.

the first time you experienced bereavement:
(dictionary says.... damage).. umm.. i felt prett bereaved (wow... i'm so impressed with me) when i was in scotland and i got the chicken pox. now i feel even worse because i realize i must have made the whole vacation a living hell for my whole family. not only that, but i gave the pox to my two older sisters, and the airport wouldn't let us on the plane in case it was some horrible virus or something. i think we had to wait a couple days before we saw a doctor who gave us a note saying we were allowed to go back to our own country.

the first time you fought with someone:
again with tara and the apron. but for fun and variety, let's think of something new. i remember in grade 2, chris mann stole my pencil crayons and i told my teacher, and she told me i was wrong because chris would never do something like that (i still remember seeing them poking out of his desk). i also remember in grade 5 when jade accused me of punching her in the face. i remember many, many fights with tiana... usually about the colour of freezies to eat or something frivilous like that.

the first time you drank alcohol:
haha. at special holidays, my whole family drinks wine. of course, you don't just hand wine to a five year old, but my parents wanted me to feel included so they poured a tiny amount of wine into a glass and then filled it the rest of the way with ginerale. it was tasty, and it looked like wine, so i was happy. later on, i said something silly (as is the nature of five year olds) and they all teased me about being drunk. at that point, our next door neighbour was the minister at a local church, and i proceeded to tell his wife that i was, in fact, drunk. my sister, who baby sat her kids, had to do a LOT of explaining... oh man. she still resents me.

the first time you tried smoking:
never have, never will.

the first time you felt glad you were born:
i can't remember. so i'll tell you the last time i felt glad i was born. there were actually two nights, really close to each other, close to the summer. one night, julie shannon and i went down to canatara, and we drove down to just where the lake meets the river, and we just stood, and watched, and were content to be watching, even though there was nothing at all happeing but the thoughts in our heads. it was peaceful. the other time i was at julies, and we were waiting outside for one of her parents to give me a ride home. i noticed how clear the sky was, so i lay down on her driveway, underneath her giant tree, and just looked up at them for the longest time.

the first time you felt like you had aged:
every time i think of the day before, i think i've aged. not necessarily because i'm bigger, or smarter. but because i realize how differently i would have done something i did the day before. it's weird, and it's been that way since i was really little. i guess the first time i remember when i was little actually thinking "wow, i'm old" (or something to that degree) would have been probably going into grade 1. i seriously was impressed with myself cause i had finally reached a number, instead of a letter.