Sunday, April 11, 2004

- last night, i went outside to contemplate the meaning of life. it was snowy and cold, but i didn't really feel anything. neither the numbness of my hands nor the wetness of my tears. i sat and thought.

- then a boy walked by. i recognized him, because i see him almost every day. just walking. he always wears the same sweater. it's black and it says in giant white caps on the back 'hey ho, let's go.' my mom read it out loud, once. i laughed at her.

- it occurred to me that his footsteps seemed too loud when everything else was so quiet. the only other noise was the rustle of trees. but his footsteps were loud.

- then i wondered if he was God. i seriously considered that thought for a while. as he was walking by, i asked him to give me a sign. a glance in my direction, a slight nod, even a cough. but he just kept on walking. and it was quiet again.

- i thought it was very symbolic.