Wednesday, February 11, 2004

- for anyone who has seen the truman show, you should know that it is the basis of my ultimate conspiracy theory.

- truman is this man who, since birth, has been constantly videotaped without his consent or knowledge. the production team of his show created an entire world for him, and he simply lived, no questions asked.

- i always wonder whether i should be asking questions. i could be truman. for all i know, there are cameras everywhere. i don't know why people would want to watch me, but maybe i'm some sort of freak experiment. how do i know that the world is what it seems to be? maybe i've been placed in a little box of reality, something that isn't anything like life, but keeps me alive just enough to see what i do. to me, the fact that this is a possibility is absolutely terrifying. to have someone just know me like that - for them to know what i've done every second of every day of my life... it's just scary.

- but of course, me being paranoid and all [because everything up there certainly wasn't paranoid], i take it a step further:
- what if my thoughts aren't safe? the only things i know about how my body and mind work are things i've heard or read - things i've been told by other people. but what if my body doesn't work at all like they say? what if i'm some puppet? what if i'm theirs? what if they exist inside my mind?

- as farfetched as it may sound, to me, it's possible. how do i know which thoughts are right and which ones are wrong unless someone's in there giving me insight?

- oh, brain, sometimes you hurt.